Fire is a deadly force of nature. Never underestimate its powers. Fortunately, it is possible to reduce the risk. It begins with the following fire safety tips.
Fires Safety Tips
A fire can be devastating on many levels. To keep you, your pets and your family protected, follow these five basic fire safety tips:
- Create a fire plan. It should include details of exits and a place to meet upon exiting the home.
- Install smoke and fire alarms on every floor of the home, including the basement. Remember, fire alarms are only good if they are functioning correctly. Change the batteries regularly and test to see they are performing properly
- Have at least one fire extinguisher in your home or business. Make sure everyone knows where it is, how it works and when to use or not use it.
- Do not leave any open flame burning in an unoccupied room
- Consider potential fire hazards in your home and reduce the risk. This involves cleaning chimneys, replacing hazardous electrical wiring and cords and even preventing dryer lint build-up
Fire Safety Tips Save Lives
Fire safety tips are designed to reduce the risk of causing a fire in your home or business. By adhering to these basic safety tips, you can decrease the instances of human-caused fire. No one wants to come home to find their home burnt to the ground. Practice basic fire safety and you can help avoid not simply a fire damage clean up, but also the potential for the loss of life.
Add a Comment